torstai 24. marraskuuta 2016

Ysolda Club 2016 Ornäs



Next up is Ornäs, which is a birch from Sweden. Interestingly, Wikipedia has a page of Ornäs birch in English, Swedish and Finnish. I was occupied with Banyan so that i got to Ornäs project in August. Conveniently, the Ravellenic Games 2016 were starting so I was able to participate to Hat Dash with laurel avard of colorwork with my Ornäs hat. I planned to knit the Mitten Medley as well but had only one mitt done by the end of the Olympics. The second mitt ended up waiting me to knit my Lemongrass sweater in between.








Hat sizing is difficult so I started with larger size but discovered in the middle that it is way too big. So ripping and a new beginning with the smaller size. Still it is quite roomy and I can fit a ponytail in (which is convenient at times). The thumb gusset in the mitts is quite clever. I don't wear mitts very often since I usually need gloves or mittens or both here in Finland. Yes, both means that I wear mittens over gloves for extra warmth in winter. It works.

 

Pattern: Ornäs hat and Ornäs mitts
Designer: Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Skein Queen Ullvärme
Colourway: Hornbean and Silver Birch (Ysolda Club 2016 colours)
Used yarn: 53g for hat and 71g for mitts
Needles: 3,75mm
Size: smaller size for both
Ravelry project page for hat and mitts

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti